10.28.2010

Student Profile: 20 (or so) Questions with Ruthie Harrison

Aaron Briggs
This is a new feature that I have started for the website, as a way to get to know your fellow classmates. If anyone would like to participate and answer these  20 questions, send an email to avbriggs@mtech.edu.  For this first installment, Ruthie was nice enough to be my guinea pig and answer some probing questions!


1. Whats sports, clubs, or associations are you affiliated with? (Does not have to be school related)
 I'm not in any sports, but I do referee High School volleyball and basketball so I'm a member of MOA, the Montana Officials Association. On campus I'm in Chi Alpha, Society of Women Engineers, and Overflow.


2. What is your favorite academic subject?
It's hard to pick a favorite subject, but it's probably been Physics so far. Math comes in a close second because I really like my teacher in Linear Algebra, Chip Todd.



3. Who is your favorite faculty member?
My favorite faculty member would have to be Raj Kasinath. He is an excellent teacher and explains things very well, but also has some crazy stories and makes class fun. Every Friday we have "story time" after lecture :)


4. Where is your favorite place to eat in Butte?
My favorite place to eat in Butte in the Hummingbird Cafe. Their food is all organic and fresh so it's extra delicious! I have loved every single thing I've ordered from their menu. They make a coffee concoction called the "Red Eye" that'll jump start you like nothing else!


5. Where is your favorite place to party in Butte?
I don't really "party," because I prefer to get out of the city on weekends. Butte is great though because we're so close to many cool hiking and camping areas.


6. Where do you see your career in 10 years?
My career in 10 years!? Oh gosh. I'll possibly be working at the Naval Shipyard in San Diego. I interned at the Naval base in Seattle this summer and that was way cool!


7. What is your favorite summer activity?
My favorite summer activity is hiking, or if I can borrow one: dirtbiking! I used to have one but I sold it when I moved for college. I sure miss it though.


8. What is your favorite winter activity?
My favorite winter activity is basically the only thing you can do in winter, snowboard!


9. Describe yourself in one word.
In one word: Driven.


10. List two song you've been listening to lately.
Two songs I can't get out of my head: "Morning After Dark"- Timbaland, and "What Part of Forever"- Cee Lo Green.


11. What was the last good movie you saw?
Last good movie I saw: "Dinner for Shmucks." Steve Carrell plays such a good weirdo!


12. What is your favorite book/magazine?
My favorite book is the Bible, it never gets old!


13. What is your favorite TV show?
Fave TV show: I don't watch much tv but I'm always down to watch Seinfeld or Friends reruns :)


14. What was the last interesting you learned at Tech?
Last interesting thing I learned @ Montana Tech: My circuits teacher told me he used a tweezers to resucitate a frog's heart once. What!? That was pretty interesting.


15. What is the most important issue in the world today?
Most important issue in the world today: For our planet, I'd say we all need to start being better stewards. Recycling, using our resources efficiently and supporting sustainable agriculture. For mankind, It's definitely evangelism. World hunger, war, child labor, sex trafficing and alot of other problems would be solved if we all lived like God wants us to!


16. Where would you go on a dream vacation?
Dream vacation: Australia!! My best friend and I have wanted to go here ever since we we little. A close second, the Mediterranean.


17. What is one thing everyone should know about you?
One thing everyone should know about me: I love Star Wars! Haha.


18. What is your favorite hobby?
Favorite hobby: Working out. It's my stress reliever, keeps me healthy and happy :)


19. What is the best present you have ever received?
Best present ever: My car. I've had the same trusty Neon since highschool but my parent suprised me with it when I turned 16 and it was the best present ever!


20. What is your favorite thing about Tech?
Favorite thing about Tech: How friendly the students are, and how accessible the teachers are. It's great to be able to pop into my proffessor's office and ask for help pretty much whenever.


21. What is your favorite website?
Favorite website: www.BodyRock.tv. Kinda ties into my favorite hobby, working out! It's a fitness and nutrition site that totally keeps me motivated. You'll find a huge variety of short and sweet butt kickin' bodyweight workouts you can do anywhere. Booyah!


22. What gives you the greatest satisfaction?
Volunteering or working with kids gives me the greatest satisfaction. This is a huge part of why I like referreeing so much.


23. What gives you the most frustration?
I'm most frustrated when I fail my own expectations, like doing poorly on a test! I am my own worst critic.

No comments:

Post a Comment